As far as snacks go, I like to keep it simple. I am not the best baker in the world, so simple, no fuss snacks are my jam. Freezer bars the the perfect no mess, simple, easily stored, anytime snack. I am not one to count calories, carbs or fat content, I only look at the ingredients. I only want to put the most pure, organic, ingredients in my body at all times, so as long as it’s organic, unprocessed, unrefined, with no crazy additives, it’s all fine by me! I hope everyone enjoys these easy to make, nutritious, guilt free bars as much as I do!
Servings: 20 2×2 bars
1 cup organic powdered peanut butter
3/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 cup organic pitted medjool dates
3 tbsp filtered water
2 tsp sea salt or pink himalayan salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup raw coconut sugar
2 cups cooked organic sprouted quinoa
1 1/2 cup organic gluten free oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
- in mixing bowl add walnuts, quinoa, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, powdered peanut butter and oats
- in blender or food processor add dates and water, blend until smooth, scraping the sides as you go
- in place small saucepan (on low heat) add coconut oil
- once the coconut oil is completely melted, add cacao and date mixture
- stir frequently until completely mixed together (approx 2 minutes)
- remove saucepan from heat and pour over dry ingredients, stirring as you go
- use a large spoon and mix until evenly distributed and all of the chocolate has coated the dry ingredients
- Line 12×12 baking pan with wax paper and press mixture firmly until completely even and covered
- place in the freezer for two hours
- remove from freezer and cut into 2×2 squares
- Dig in!
Feel free to add your favorite toppings into the mixture, I hope everyone enjoys!
I try to post about once a week on here, but I post daily with occasional recipes on my instagram @smaxalot_ so feel free to check it out anytime and keep up to date with my day to day breakfasts and food choices!